Teresa's Tabloid Trash Wednesday 6/12/19
Katy Perry and Taylor Swift are not only burying the hatchet over their longtime back up dancer feud…but apparently they are becoming friends. The two singers recently had a girl’s night where Swift provided Perry with a plate of cookies that had the words “Peace At Last” written in icing. Katy posted a picture of the sweet treats on Instagram, tagging Swift and noting that it "feels good." Swift replied with 13 pink heart emojis. Maybe the two will collaborate on some new music.
Big thanks to Selena Gomez. The singer and actress was one of many celebrities in Kansas City this past weekend helping to raise over 2.5 million dollars for Children’s Mercy Hospital. She confirmed to Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show last night that she has completed a new album but didn’t give any release date details. She did, however, participate in the “Hot Ones” challenge where you have to eat spicy wings.
Happy 10th anniversary to Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth. The couple got married earlier this year but they have been together since 2009 when they met on the set of the movie “The Last Song”. Cyrus wished Hemsworth a happy anniversary on Twitter while poking fun at all of the haters who constantly spread break up rumors.
Today is the 25th anniversary of the murder of O.J. Simpson's ex-wife, Nicole Brown Simpson. She and her friend Ron Goldman were found stabbed to death outside her Brentwood, California home. O.J. was arrested for the double murder following a low-speed police chase in a white Ford Bronco. He was acquitted of all charges in 1995, after what some considered to be the trial of the century. Ron Goldman’s sister, Kim Goldman, has started a new podcast, “Confronting O.J. Simpson”
Natasha Lyonne’s show about a woman stuck in a never-ending time loop, Russian Doll has been renewed for a second season on Netflix
Wednesday TV Reminders
• Game 7 of "The Stanley Cup Finals" on NBC. The Boston Bruins host the St. Louis Blues for the final game.
• The eighth season premiere of "Catfish" on MTV.
• The series premiere of "Card Sharks" on ABC. Joel McHale hosts this revival of a classic game show where two players compete for a $10,000 prize.
• The fourth season premiere of "Queen Sugar" on OWN.
• The series premiere of "First Responders Live" on Fox. An unscripted reality show about firefighters, cops, and EMS technicians.
• "Match Game" on ABC. Jason Alexander, Sheryl Underwood, Gabriel Iglesias, Constance Zimmer, Michael Che, and Bridget Everett.
• The comedy special "Jo Koy: Comin' In Hot" on Netflix